perjantai 29. tammikuuta 2010

Gothic kids




Last weekend I was discussing with an eight-year-old girl about her upcoming birthday party. As she announced that the theme will be "gothic" I couldn't have been more surprised. This would deffinitely be a unique theme for a kids party!

I was thinking about my traditional halloween parties, that are all dark and scary and it brought back many good ideas. Gothic in my mind is black and dark red decorations, bit of a wizard-like atmosphere with perhaps some Harry Potter and Addam's Family added to the mix..

In my last halloween party we had a photo-stand that I decorated with shiny red cloth, some porcelain dolls, candles and christmas lights. It looked very "gothic" and we were taking pictures of each kid standing or sitting in front of the stand. In addition to this the party included a fortune-teller, a disco and game room, a juggler, and ofcourse lots and lots of halloween decorations and black fabrics. Black garbage bags are very useful and affordable decoration material... I have been also wrapping all the serving dishes at the table into this.

For a gothic party I would also introduce some games such as Mummy wrap (teams race in wrapping each other with toilet paper), best costume contest and ofcourse facepainting to decorate the kids with scars and sculls and black lipstick... also a gothic beauty salon, where kids can get a beehive hairdo & nails "done" = painted black. Treasure hunt in the dark to find the glow-in-the-dark spiders etc.

Thinking about all of this makes me really miss my favourite party time of the year - halloween!
Pictures by: Anna Kauppila

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti